“When I volunteer at Victoria Hospice, I know that I’m helping patients, family and staff. It is appreciated more than I can ever express.” — Olga, Victoria Hospice Volunteer
The reasons that attract individuals to share their time and skills with Victoria Hospice are many and varied. What keeps our volunteers here also varies considerably. We are proud of our low turnover – it shows us that this is a great place to volunteer.
Some of the benefits you can expect from being a clinical volunteer include:
- Having the privilege of sharing ‘the journey’ with patients and their families,
- Strengthening skills and abilities in communication, compassion, and caring,
- Becoming a valued member of a dedicated and supportive interdisciplinary team,
- Gaining deeper knowledge about life, death and bereavement,
- Participating in respected volunteer training and regular learning opportunities,
If you become a non-clinical volunteer, the benefits you can expect are:
- Being a valued member of one of our many enthusiastic teams devoted to supporting our work,
- Sharing and enhancing your skills in administration, gardening, or events,
- Gaining satisfaction of supporting our vision of quality end-of-life care for all,
- Meeting new people and having fun,
Now take a moment to meet a few of our Volunteers.