Program Development Coordinator, non-contract, temporary (10 months, with possibility to extend)
Victoria Hospice has a 40-year history as a leader in quality palliative and end-of-life care in Greater Victoria and across Canada. As a Program Development Coordinator, you will collaborate with staff, families, and community stakeholders to design a comprehensive community-based volunteer program that will meet the growing and changing needs of caregivers for palliative and end of life patients.
This exciting new temporary position works within the vision, polices and values of the Victoria Hospice Society and will primarily focus on program development, project management, stakeholder engagement and implementation strategies.
Working in collaboration with the CEO and Manager of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement the successful candidate will conduct evaluations on and coordinate the development and implementation of a new community based volunteer program focusing on caregiver support. Primary components of the position will include program development, project development, project management and implementation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define information required to validate a proposed program’s viability
- Ability to extract and interpret data for decision-making purposes
- Ability to develop policies and processes to support the program
- Ability to organize and engage groups across the organization, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to effectively work remotely/independently
- Ability to prepare informative, accurate reports on project status, progress, and future requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with privacy and confidentiality constraints
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in health/end-of-life care excellence
Click here for the full Job Description
Please submit resume and cover letter to careers@VictoriaHospice.org or by mail to
Victoria Hospice Society
4th Floor, Richmond Pavilion
1952 Bay Street, Victoria, BC V8R1J8
This posting will be open until Monday, June 22, 2020, @ 4:00 pm
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.