POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Services Program Developer
FTE: 1.0 Full-time, Non-Contract, Temporary (up to 8 months with possibility of extension)
DEPARTMENT: Volunteer Services, Victoria Hospice Society
REPORTS TO: Interim Director, Volunteer Services & Community Engagement
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Per pandemic restrictions, temporarily work remotely
Victoria Hospice has an exciting opportunity to join our Volunteer Services team to lead the development of a new volunteer-delivered community-based service.
Victoria Hospice is a registered charity that has a 40-year history as a leader in quality palliative and end-of-life care in Greater Victoria and across Canada. Our interdisciplinary clinical team is augmented with the invaluable contributions by trained volunteers who provide support to patients and their families facing life-limiting illness, death and bereavement. A priority of expanded interdisciplinary community care as part of our 2019-2024 Strategic Framework focuses on augmenting existing community services and developing new community programs to provide more comprehensive care to patients and their support networks at home.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Victoria Hospice and with input and guidance provided from a dedicated Steering Committee the Volunteer Services Program Developer will design, develop and implement a comprehensive program to support the unique needs of family caregivers caring for loved ones who wish to remain in their homes while receiving palliative and end-of-life care.
- Diploma or Post-Secondary education in a health-related field or volunteer management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in program development in a non-profit community service organization
- Sound knowledge of project management practices
- Experience coordinating volunteers in a health care setting an asset
- Familiarity with hospice palliative care programming an asset
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills and Zoom virtual conferencing platform
Application and Details
This posting will be open until Friday April 9, 2021 @ 4:00pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. COVID-19 precaution(s): Virtual interview process.
Contract length: 8 months
Application deadline: 2021-04-09
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $39,218.00-$56,409.00 per year
Schedule: Mon – Fri
COVID-19 considerations: Fully WCB compliant
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place