A one-time, interactive workshop covering the basics of grief and mourning, and ways to cope for those who are bereaved following the death of a loved one. This workshop encourages sharing from participants while learning about different ideas around grief and mourning.
Have you recently lost someone important to you? Are you surprised by your grief and wondering what is normal and how best to cope? This workshop, developed by the grief counsellors at Victoria Hospice, will help you understand your grief.
Join us as we:
- Share and support one another in your grieving experiences
- Explore the many ways that grief can impact our lives
- Explain how grieving naturally works to help us live with our losses
- Identify ways to support healthy adjustment to loss
- Explore your continued connection to the person who has died
This workshop will take place at our Community Support Centre at 102-4450 Chatterton Way. We will be following COVID-19 safety protocols which means you will be required to wear a mask while in the office/workshop. Screening questions will also be asked when you enter the building. The workshop is free of charge.
Wednesday, September 28 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Please register for this workshop on Eventbrite. There is a limited amount of space, so we encourage you to register only if you feel certain you can attend. If you have further questions, please call Bereavement Services at 250-519-3040 or email Hospice.Bereavement@viha.ca