This popular community event - now held over two half-days - features expert speakers offering practical advice to help you make the most out of life when time is limited.
While the Bucket List Festival deals with challenges at the end-of-life, it’s by no means a sombre affair. “It's informative, interactive – even fun,” says Dr. McGregor medical director at Victoria Hospice.
“It brings death out of the shadows, reminding us that it’s okay to speak openly about end-of-life issues. It does not always have to be sad and difficult; in fact, these info sessions can help to empower people and calm fears they may have.”
Saturday, March 4
- Advance Care Planning (Speaker: Carolyn Wilkinson, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Victoria Hospice)
- Travelling while Ill (Speaker: Victoria Buhler, Travel Consultant, Expedia)
- The Gift of Caregiving (Speaker: Tasha Ahlstrom, Counsellor, Victoria Hospice)
- How to Really Talk to your Doctor (Speaker: Dr. Douglas McGregor, Medical Director, Victoria Hospice)
Saturday, March 11
- Symptoms Management (Speaker: Dr. Pippa Hawley, Head of Palliative Care, UBC)
- Record Me Now (Speaker: Gaby Eirew, Founder of RecordMeNow
- Holding a Living Wake (Speaker: Dr. Pippa Hawley, Head of Palliative Care, UBC)
- End of Life Insurance (Speaker: Saul Preston, Financial Planner, Coast Capital Savings)
In addition to practical talks, this year we're offering live music to lift the spirits and soothe the soul, a visit from a Pacific Animal Therapy Society dog to provide some fuzzy comfort, and lots of draw prizes such as IMAX tickets, EagleWings whale watch tickets, a hotel stay at Harbour Towers, and much more.
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
NEW Location: The Wellesley, 2800 Blanshard St., Victoria
Tickets: $8.00 both days or $5.00 one day. Please register here at Event Brite and if you have any questions please contact Brittany Clark at [email protected] or 250-519-1881