We’re Here to Guide You
At Victoria Hospice, we try to help you find a way through the overwhelming emotions and practical realities of coping with end-of-life illness. Here, you can find links to outside agencies for additional support, books, online tools and how-to guidance for practical concerns and planning. We’re here to help patients, families and caregivers navigate the journey with security and peace of mind.
Child and Youth Grief
The suggested reading lists below were researched and compiled by Victoria Hospice’s Child and Youth Grief counsellor.
Podcast: Victoria Hospice is proud to offer a three-part podcast about grief among children and youth. Click Here for more.
Information about Hospice
For professionals: If you are looking to reprint and use any of the resources above, please fill out this form.
Resources and Services
- Internet Resources
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association – Directory Listing
- BC Bereavement Helpline
- Canadian Virtual Hospice
- BC Council for Families
- Caregiving Resources
- Children’s Grief Awareness Day
- Compassionate Friends
- The Family Caregivers of British Columbia
- Teens and Death
- Hospice Foundation of America
- Mental Health and Addictions Services
- Crisis and Suicide Intervention
- Prepared Meals
- Other Support Services
- Aids Vancouver Island Tel: 250-384-2366
- Alzheimer Society of BC Tel: 250-382-2052
- American Childhood Cancer Organization
- BC Cancer Agency Tel: 250-519-5500
- Better at Home United Way Helping Seniors to Remain Independent
- Canadian Cancer Society Toll-Free: 1-888-939-3333
- Disability Resource Centre Tel: 250-595-0044
- Intercultural Association of Greater Victoria Tel: 250-388-4728
- James Bay Community Project Tel: 250-388-7844
- Mesothelioma Group Toll-Free: 1-888-629-0613
- Mesothelioma Guide Toll-Free: 1-888-590-6512
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victoria Community Leader Toll-Free: 1-800-665-6233 ext. 269
- Emergency / Crisis Toll-Free: 1-800-665-6233
- Seniors Serving Seniors Tel: 250-382-4331
They publish the “Seniors’ Services Directory” – a community resource handbook for The Capital Region.
- Greater Victoria Police Victim Services Tel: 250-995-7351
- Victoria Regional Transit System – Accessible Services
- Women’s Newcomer Clubs – Evening group
- Families & Parenting
- Volunteer Services
- Travel and Accommodation
Island Health website – useful links for patients and their loved ones should they need to travel for non-emergency care.